Now Accepting Applications for the Bernstein Fellowship
The Jim Bernstein Health Leadership Committee of the Foundation’s Board of Directors is pleased to begin accepting applications to the Jim Bernstein Community Health Leadership Fellows program for Fellowship from October 2019- October 2021.
Fellowships are awarded to mid-career health professionals from a variety of disciplines (primary care, public health, behavioral health, pharmacy, oral health, social work, etc.) for a two-year period. The Fellowship is comprised of an educational component, individual project, and mentorship centered on:
- Building leadership capabilities
- Understanding key elements of the health sector in NC
- Recognizing strengths and challenges of rural communities
- Collaborating effectively with local and state partners
With support of their employers, Fellows are expected to spend 10-12% of their work time on Fellowship activities. Each Fellow will receive up to $3,000 in support of development of his/her Fellowship project, but the Fellow’s employer is expected to provide regular salary support.
Click here for the 2019 application. The deadline to apply is May 10, 2019.
A webinar will be held at Noon on April 9, 2019 to provide an overview of the Fellowship and answer questions of potential applicants. To register for this webinar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bernstein Fellows program commemorates the life and career of James D. Bernstein, North Carolina’s rural health pioneer who led the state’s efforts for community-driven care of low- and moderate- income, isolated, and underserved populations for more than 30 years.
The Fellows program seeks to identify and support the work of outstanding individuals who share Jim Bernstein’s beliefs:
- Everyone has a right to healthcare
- Care should be delivered in a respectful, effective and efficient manner
- The health care system belongs to the communities where people live and providers practice
Please direct questions to email@example.com.