The Foundation for Health Leadership & Innovation (FHLI) is committed to developing and supporting innovative programs and partnerships that advance affordable and sustainable quality health services to improve the overall health of communities in North Carolina and beyond.
FHLI is also committed to recruiting and retaining staff that bring diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives to their work.
The Foundation for Health Leadership & Innovation (FHLI) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated professional to manage the work of the North Carolina Rural Health Leadership Alliance. NCRHLA is a coordinated network of leaders representing approximately 35 organizations and individuals with committed focus and interest in improving rural health throughout the state of North Carolina. This position will oversee the day-to-day administration and management of the Alliance. The position is full time and reports to the VP Programs at FHLI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide staff support to the NCRHLA’s Steering Committee and help ensure that it works in an efficient and effective manner.
• Take the lead in helping to ensure the mission and goals of NCRHLA are clearly defined and works with the members to develop a plan to further the mission and goals.
• Develop and implement, with the guidance of the NCRHLA, all events and activities including the monthly steering committee meetings, the monthly members meetings, and any annual events meeting or activities.
• Send NCRHLA members timely communications as needed and compile and disseminate information monthly about health-related matters, including developments at the state and federal level and policy and programming initiatives.
• Research and develop written materials such as fact sheets relative to key issues impacting rural health.
Provide guidance to NCRHLA members in the development of policy and programmatic decisions such as the identification of legislative priorities.
• Represent NCRHLA at meetings and on relevant committees/advisory groups as needed.
• Develop collaborative relationships with agencies, organizations, and groups to help further the work of the Alliance.
• Carry out administrative functions to keep NCRHLA operating effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis including: membership management such as member recruitment and routine membership communications, financial management and oversight, data base and operational system mechanics, marketing and communication, and social media management including ensuring that the website and Facebook are up-to-date and of good quality.
• Provide support to members as feasible and appropriate such as making presentations to constituent groups, providing technical assistance on health-related issues, and making referrals to other appropriate resources.
• Innovative with a strong sense of vision for entrusted work
• Ability to navigate complex relationships and manage emergent strategies to achieve effective solutions
• Strong organizational skills and track record of follow-through on commitments
• Strong facilitation skills, systems thinking, and a commitment to consensus building
• Commitment to producing consistently high quality, detailed work, even under deadline pressure
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritize competing demands in a fast-changing environment
• Tenacity to try another approach when something doesn’t work out; ability to scan the environment to make course corrections as needed
• Flexibility and a sense of humor
• Strong analytic and communication skills, with the ability to write clearly and succinctly, make well-organized verbal presentations, as well as maintain web and social media presence
• Ability to travel throughout the state and occasionally beyond the state.
• Excellent computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
This is an office-based position in Cary, NC. Anticipated start for this position is March 1, 2020.
This is a full-time, salaried position, and salary will be commensurate with experience. The position will receive generous company benefits to include paid health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance coverage for the employee, as well as company paid retirement contributions.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter (no more than 2 pages), resume, and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Application for NCRHLA Program Manager”. FHLI will only review submissions that include all requested materials (see three listed above). Please be assured that FHLI will not contact references until later rounds of interviewing and with applicants’ explicit permission. Open until filled. No phone calls please. For more information, visit: www.foundationhli.org. People of color, women, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply.