Congratulations to New and Alumni Bernstein Fellows
The Foundation would like to congratulate the Bernstein Fellows Class of 2013-2015 on their completion of the fellowship program.
- Sarah Brill Thach, MPH: The Center for Healthy Aging at the Mountain Area Health Education Center
- Joanne Rinker, MS: Director of Training and Technical Assistance at the Center for Healthy North Carolina
- Marian Sadler Aldridge, MPH: Community Development Specialist at the Buncombe County Department of Health
- Jill Boesel, MPH: Project Coordinator for Physician Practice Services with Community Care of North Carolina
- Amelia Mahan, MSW, Behavioral Health Program Manager at Community Care of North Carolina
The Foundation is pleased to welcome its newest class of Bernstein Fellows. Five dynamic professionals will participate in the fellowship program through October 2017, they are:
- Pete McQuiston: Director of Food and Nutrition at Swain Community Hospital in Bryson City, NC
- Rod Jenkins MHA: Deputy Health Director for Cumberland County, North Carolina
- Erin Hultgren, MPH: Program Manager at Gaston Family Health Services, Inc.
- Catherine Parker, MA: Director of Hertford County Student Wellness Center, a division of Roanoke Chowan Community Health Center.
- Jamie Cousins, MPA: Program Manager for the Catalyst for Health Eating and Active Living
We’d like to thank retiring program Director, John H. Frank, for his leadership in the program since 2010. During his time as Director, he strengthened the curriculum, increased the number of programmatic partnerships, and guided thirteen Fellows through completion of the fellowship. The Foundation is extremely fortunate and grateful for John’s leadership and dedication to the Fellows Program.
We also welcome Tom Bacon, DrPH, as the new Director of the Fellows Program. Tom is the retired Executive Associate Dean and NC AHEC Program Director, and he continues to work as a part-time Research Fellow at the Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research at UNC-Chapel Hill. The Foundation is excited and grateful for Tom’s commitment and leadership in continuing and developing the Fellows program.